Sunday, May 22, 2011

Treatment and Storyboarding Task: Reflection

Treatment and storyboarding task: reflection/evaluation:
• Describe any problems or difficulties you encountered in this unit or during the planning process;
• Discuss how your plot development, character planning and research helped you to write your treatment;
• Discuss whether the activities and examples provide on BlackBoard helped you to develop an effective treatment;
• Discuss whether  you have made clear use of the appropriate genre conventions and film language throughout your storyboards;
• Describe any problems or difficulties you encountered when drawing/creating your storyboards;
• Describe any skills or techniques you have discovered during the project;
 
A difficulty that I encountered during the development of my film synopsis, was writing the end of my film. I had trouble figuring out the twist/ending and it took me a while to figure it out. But eventually I figured it out, but I feel I could've done better. I found it fairly easy to develop my character profile's. Although I thought it was difficult to develop the character's names so I just replaced the surnames with an 'X'. I thought this applied because the characters are 'mysterious agents'. The Film Treatment aid on blackboard was a massive guide/help for the writing of my film treatment and the formulation of my storyboards. Without the film treatment guide I would have had no clue how to format and write most aspects of my film treatment. I believe that I have conveyed the appropriate genre conventions and film language throughout my storyboards. I used detailed descriptions to accompany my storyboard images. In the details I included lighting, camera movement, sound effects and transitions into some of the following shots. I'm not a talented artist so I feel I could've improved my drawing quality by possibly taking more time to draw them or possibly take photos, but I think taking photos would have been too time consuming. I discovered the techniques used to format and write a film treatment as well as format and create storyboards. I also acquired a more extensive film vocabulary.

Discuss your feelings about the pre-production task:
• Does your project clearly depict a genre film?
• Are you satisfied with the final result?
• Are there things you would like to change?
• Did you manage your time effectively? If not, how can you work to improve this?
• If you could start again what would you do differently?

I believe that my film does clearly Depict a genre film. The genre I chose for my film is action, I tried to depict this through the use of action shots like extreme close ups of arms, legs and face while tracking. These techniques are used in genre appropriate high speed chases or escapes. The use of a gun is also relevant to the action genre, as well as inclusion of characters which are secret agents. I am pretty happy with my final result but I would've like to have had more time to think and develop my ending and incorporate it into the rest of the film. Yes, if I could change anything I would change the ending. I would have made it more effective and have more of a twist. I think i managed my time averagely, I could have spent more time developing the conclusion. And I also could've completed my treatment quicker and therefore have a draft. If I could start again, I would have weaved a better background story throughout the film, and established eventually the plot at the conclusion. I would have also created a better plot twist and figured out a better way to reveal to the audience the stories behind the characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment