Sunday, February 28, 2010

Photoshop Task - ASSIGNMENT 1.3.2010

Today I am away from school because I am really sick. : ( But I have decided to blog and do some photoshop because I don't want to fall behind in work. Basically I have chosen my high resolution image - the owl eyes. As seen on my last blog. Below is the image anyway, just incase you missed it.












(Source: http://www.flickr.com/)
All I had to do was select one eye, I chose the left, you'll find out why later on. Then it was dragged onto the background image, it automatically creates a new layer. I simply changed the opacity to 50% and dragged the eye over the man's left eye. Resized it, created a mask on the layer and used the paintbrush tool to erase the outside and unwanted eye parts. I than copied the layer with the left eye so that it would look neat and symmetrical. I than dragged it over ontop of the right eye and went into 'Image' - 'Rotate' - 'Flip Layer Horizontal'. You have to make sure you've selected your desired layer so that you don't flip the wrong thing. You also have to make sure to click 'Flip Layer Horizontal' and NOT 'Flip Image Horizontal' because this will flip the background and not the layer desired. Than you place the eye where desired and make any touchups if wanted. Below is the final product.


















Next lesson I am going to decide weather or not I want any extra features of my clan. If so I'll have to complete it next lesson.
The techniques used in the lesson:
- layer
- mask
- paint brush
- opacity
- rotate

No comments:

Post a Comment